W. AARON GREGORY
A results-oriented, self-driven leader with broad technology industry experience including military, telecommunications, manufacturing, consulting, human capital, hospitality, education, and healthcare markets. Equally at home in both startup and established environments in either private, not-for-profit, or government/military sectors. Focuses on business operations, process improvement, information technology, security, software engineering management, and product design/management.
- Diverse Information Technology
- Business Impact and Analysis
- Presentations, Speaking, and Training
- Software Development Processes
- Infrastructure Operations and Support
- Interfaces and Interoperability
- Offshore and Onshore DevOps
- Vendor Selection and Management
- Cloud / Web Hosting Environments
- Information Assurance / Security
Chief Information Officer (CIO):
Northeastern Eye Institute
January 2015 – Present
- Supervises and participates in all facets of information technology operations and support for a lean information technology team supporting 300 users, 16 locations including a distribution center and ambulatory surgical center, and 290,000+ patients in a HIPAA ePHI and Meaningful Use environment, including IT personnel, interdisciplinary project team members, and contracted vendors.
- Co-managed the implementation of a new EMR, Integrity for Eyes, including automatic test and diagnostic imagery from A-Scans, Auto Refractors, Biometers, Corneal Topographers, FF-450s, Field Analyzers, IOL Masters, OCTs, and Retinal Topographers
- Strengthens the entire security and risk posture of this enterprise installing encryption / SSL onto non-managed hosting solutions, portable equipment; deploying AD/GPO with LUP access / permissions; implementing a stronger backup and disaster recovery policy; chairs the security committee directly to achieve direct oversight of all ongoing initiatives in this critical process.
- Cost-benefit analysis of technology spending; moved optical practice management system from a cloud-hosted environment, to an on-premises hosting environment, saving $65,000 over a 3-year period, complete with enhancements.
- Deployed unassisted remote control of workstation and server assets throughout all corporate assets in Northeastern Pennsylvania, eliminating 90% of regional team travel.
- Decreased yearly IT personnel costs by $25,000.00 in CY 2015 and onwards by creating a more self-sufficient, lean IS/IT team. Created a more trained, capable technology team relying less on outside contractor support.
* Project and implementation manager for SolutionReach, a recall, reminder, and outreach SaaS that helps connect us with our patients, resulting in a reclamation of almost $900,000.00 in missed yearly revenue.
Senior Director, Information Technology:
Maternal and Family Health Services, Inc.
January 2013 – January 2015
- Supervised and participated in all facets of information technology operations and support for a lean information technology team supporting a 250-person company that supports various state and federal programs, including family planning, WIC, and medical services to thousands of clients throughout northeast Pennsylvania in a HIPAA and Meaningful Use-oriented environment.
- Completed a cost-benefit analysis of hosting offsite NextGen EPM/E.H.R. system internally, saving in excess of $65,000.00 annually, while directly supervising the split of practice management databases from 3 other data partners.
- Implemented human resources and personnel development improvements to the information technology team, including training, strategic direction, career focus, position description modifications, and timely performance reviews.
- Managed remote development team in Pennsylvania, as well as Columbia.
- Implemented a modernized Microsoft-centric platform using Microsoft SQL Server and SSRS, replacing a legacy Affinity (FoxPro 2.6 DOS-based) electronic health record, family planning, and social disease tracking system.
- Implemented backup and disaster recovery modifications, preventing in excess of $15,000.00 in one day of repeat data entry for practice management and EHR records.
President / CEO / Technology Evangelist:
d/b/a Codango @ https://codango.com
February 2012 – Present
- Codango.com is a web site, directory, and blog focused on coding, DevOps, web/cloud hosting, Internet security, and Internet operations.
- Exercises oversight over all advertising initiatives and sponsored post submissions.
- Manages the social media presence for the Codango series of web sites.
- Executes content and link sharing agreements with affiliates, customers, and vendors.
- Manages the social media presence for the Codango series of web sites.
- Codango™ is a registered trademark with the USPTO.
IA / Security Officer, Systems Analyst IV:
December 2008 – January 2013
- Administration and support of the Army Intermodal and Distribution Platform Management office flagship software ACAMS, including co-authoring the online training videos for ACAMS users with Adobe Captivate.
- Maintained and administered applications, operating systems, and hardware related to Microsoft Windows Workstation/Servers based operating systems.
- Managed the team’s development processes, and supervised the release and version control process for code and database changes in a .Net and MS-SQL environment.
- Provided front line support for 2000+ customers at worldwide U.S. and NATO facilities in the form of System Administration Tier 1-3 call center support.
- Ensured all users meet the requisite favorable security investigations, initial training, clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and security responsibilities before granting access to various systems.
- Safeguarded organizational data by analyzing architecture, conducting audits, and enforcing policies.
Director of Technology:
Adaco Services (later acquired by Fourth)
May 2005 – December 2008
Allentown, PA (Remote Office)
- Oversaw enterprise-level software (B2B) creation and management for over 300 national and international large-scale customers in the hospitality industry including EAME locations.
- Oversight and writing of server and client-side code, understand/influence/ mentor/enforce coding standards and best practices, work with well-defined version control processes, write and execute 4GL and SQL scripts, perform application and feature design and re-factoring, and troubleshoot complex software problems.
- Managed remote development team efforts in New York, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and India.
- Designed the software patch and update process using client/server version control checking and web site .exe and .msi download capabilities for customers for an inventory and purchasing application, as well as the custom import/export tool and bar code printing module.
- Developed assignments, including reviewing and implementing requirements, writing code for server, desktop, and web applications, following defined coding standards and best practices, work with version control and performing merges, re-factoring, and testing.
- Pre- and Post- implementation support to sales, executives, customers, business analysts and technical Support.
Chief Information Officer:
EliteGraduateJobs, LLC. (Startup)
November 2004 – May 2005
- Developed data-driven candidate sourcing sites for four verticals using full-stack development skills and strategy.
- Managed voice telecom, including call attendant / automated menu service.
- Provided oversight for Internet and Internal system and network operations.
- Championed the integration of data content with purely static, layered HTML based web sites.
- Advisor on Internet-based marketing, advertising, and methodology.
- Designed and coded the selection formula used to recruit the top-performing law school, business school, Ivy League, and U.S. News Top 200 university graduates for Fortune companies.
- American Intercontinental University – M.B.A.
- Kaplan University – B.S.I.T.
- Excelsior College – A.S.
- SolutionReach – Patient Relationship Management [Basic] (2019)
- Brainbench Job Role Certifications: Project Manager, Information Security Administrator, Manager/Supervisor, Windows System Administrator, Web Administrator (BCIP)
- HDI-SCA (2011)
- CompTIA Network + (2009)