W. AARON GREGORY
A results-oriented, self-driven leader with broad technology industry experience including military, telecommunications, manufacturing, consulting, human capital, hospitality, education, and healthcare markets. Equally at home in both startup and established environments in either private, not-for-profit, or government/military sectors. Focuses on business operations, process improvement, information technology, security, software engineering management, and product design/management.
- Diverse Information Technology
- Business Impact and Analysis
- Presentations, Speaking, and Training
- Software Development Processes
- Infrastructure Operations and Support
- Interfaces and Interoperability
- Offshore and Onshore DevOps
- Vendor Selection and Management
- Cloud / Web Hosting Environments
- Information Assurance / Security
Chief Information Officer (CIO):
Northeastern Eye Institute
January 2015 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Present
- Supervises and participates in all facets of information technology operations and support for a lean information technology team supporting 300 users, 16 locations including a distribution center and ambulatory surgical center, and 290,000+ patients in a HIPAA ePHI and Meaningful Use environment, including IT personnel, interdisciplinary project team members, and contracted vendors.
- Co-managed the implementation of a new EMR, Integrity for Eyes, including automatic test and diagnostic imagery from A-Scans, Auto Refractors, Biometers, Corneal Topographers, FF-450s, Field Analyzers, IOL Masters, OCTs, and Retinal Topographers
- Strengthens the entire security and risk posture of this enterprise installing encryption / SSL onto non-managed hosting solutions, portable equipment; deploying AD/GPO with LUP access / permissions; implementing a stronger backup and disaster recovery policy; chairs the security committee directly to achieve direct oversight of all ongoing initiatives in this critical process.
- Cost-benefit analysis of technology spending; moved optical practice management system from a cloud-hosted environment, to an on-premises hosting environment, saving $65,000 over a 3-year period, complete with enhancements.
- Deployed unassisted remote control of workstation and server assets throughout all corporate assets in Northeastern Pennsylvania, eliminating 90% of regional team travel.
- Decreased yearly IT personnel costs by $25,000.00 in CY 2015 and onwards by creating a more self-sufficient, lean IS/IT team. Created a more trained, capable technology team relying less on outside contractor support.
* Project and implementation manager for SolutionReach, a recall, reminder, and outreach SaaS that helps connect us with our patients, resulting in a reclamation of almost $900,000.00 in missed yearly revenue.
Senior Director, Information Technology:
Maternal and Family Health Services, Inc.
January 2013 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ January 2015
- Supervised and participated in all facets of information technology operations and support for a lean information technology team supporting a 250-person company that supports various state and federal programs, including family planning, WIC, and medical services to thousands of clients throughout northeast Pennsylvania in a HIPAA and Meaningful Use-oriented environment.
- Completed a cost-benefit analysis of hosting offsite NextGen EPM/E.H.R. system internally, saving in excess of $65,000.00 annually, while directly supervising the split of practice management databases from 3 other data partners.
- Implemented human resources and personnel development improvements to the information technology team, including training, strategic direction, career focus, position description modifications, and timely performance reviews.
- Managed remote development team in Pennsylvania, as well as Columbia.
- Implemented a modernized Microsoft-centric platform using Microsoft SQL Server and SSRS, replacing a legacy Affinity (FoxPro 2.6 DOS-based) electronic health record, family planning, and social disease tracking system.
- Implemented backup and disaster recovery modifications, preventing in excess of $15,000.00 in one day of repeat data entry for practice management and EHR records.
President / CEO / Technology Evangelist:
d/b/a Codango @ https://codango.com
February 2012 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Present
- Codango.com is a web site, directory, and blog focused on coding, DevOps, web/cloud hosting, Internet security, and Internet operations.
- Exercises oversight over all advertising initiatives and sponsored post submissions.
- Manages the social media presence for the Codango series of web sites.
- Executes content and link sharing agreements with affiliates, customers, and vendors.
- Manages the social media presence for the Codango series of web sites.
- CodangoÃ¢â€žÂ¢ is a registered trademark with the USPTO.
IA / Security Officer, Systems Analyst IV:
December 2008 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ January 2013
- Administration and support of the Army Intermodal and Distribution Platform Management office flagship software ACAMS, including co-authoring the online training videos for ACAMS users with Adobe Captivate.
- Maintained and administered applications, operating systems, and hardware related to Microsoft Windows Workstation/Servers based operating systems.
- Managed the team’s development processes, and supervised the release and version control process for code and database changes in a .Net and MS-SQL environment.
- Provided front line support for 2000+ customers at worldwide U.S. and NATO facilities in the form of System Administration Tier 1-3 call center support.
- Ensured all users meet the requisite favorable security investigations, initial training, clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and security responsibilities before granting access to various systems.
- Safeguarded organizational data by analyzing architecture, conducting audits, and enforcing policies.
Director of Technology:
Adaco Services (later acquired by Fourth)
May 2005 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ December 2008
Allentown, PA (Remote Office)
- Oversaw enterprise-level software (B2B) creation and management for over 300 national and international large-scale customers in the hospitality industry including EAME locations.
- Oversight and writing of server and client-side code, understand/influence/ mentor/enforce coding standards and best practices, work with well-defined version control processes, write and execute 4GL and SQL scripts, perform application and feature design and re-factoring, and troubleshoot complex software problems.
- Managed remote development team efforts in New York, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and India.
- Designed the software patch and update process using client/server version control checking and web site .exe and .msi download capabilities for customers for an inventory and purchasing application, as well as the custom import/export tool and bar code printing module.
- Developed assignments, including reviewing and implementing requirements, writing code for server, desktop, and web applications, following defined coding standards and best practices, work with version control and performing merges, re-factoring, and testing.
- Pre- and Post- implementation support to sales, executives, customers, business analysts and technical Support.
Chief Information Officer:
EliteGraduateJobs, LLC. (Startup)
November 2004 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ May 2005
- Developed data-driven candidate sourcing sites for four verticals using full-stack development skills and strategy.
- Managed voice telecom, including call attendant / automated menu service.
- Provided oversight for Internet and Internal system and network operations.
- Championed the integration of data content with purely static, layered HTML based web sites.
- Advisor on Internet-based marketing, advertising, and methodology.
- Designed and coded the selection formula used to recruit the top-performing law school, business school, Ivy League, and U.S. News Top 200 university graduates for Fortune companies.
Performance Engineer, System and Database Administrator:
Judge, Inc. Contractor at McKesson
May 2004 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ November 2004
- Conducted performance testing and application enhancement for the innovative medical / payer application Ã¢â‚¬ËœC3Ã¢â‚¬â„¢, a multi-million-dollar line of business for McKesson Information Solutions.
- Provided production support for this high-availability application.
- Designed a series of IBM Rational testing scripts used to provide authentication validation, automated functional testing and regression testing.
- Created a web-based, data-driven ICD-9 and CPT Code lookup tool.
- Exercised oversight of network and data center operations for the entire Malvern, PA location.
- Implemented backup and disaster recovery plan for including file and SQL restoration capabilities.
Project Manager, Web Developer, System Analyst:
Computer Aid, Inc.
February 2000 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ March 2004
- Supervised the installation, administration, and maintenance of servers, workstations, and a multitude of peripheral equipment.
- Directed offshore development projects for a 5-person team located in the Philippines, providing faster development delivery and reduced costs.
- Provided configuration management, version control, and packaging/release operations for Prospector, a new GE steam turbine maintenance and inspection data collection application.
- Provided new development and maintenance programming for a Long-Term Care insurance companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s commercial web site, and key internal underwriting application.
- Exercised oversight of a technology start-up project called UniversityQuest, a web-based, higher-education recruiting platform for high school students, enabling both high school counselor staff and higher education recruiting staff to select students for admission using over 400+ searchable attributes.
- Collaborated with marketing and graphics team in conjunction with advertising channels to drive membership from approximately 25 students to over 50,000 students in 2 weeksÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ time.
Data Center Operations Leader:
July 1998 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ February 2000
- Co-managed a data center consolidation project; 6 smaller data centers into one large global data center.
- Monitored network, server, database, fire, physical access, and moisture for a 10,000-sq. ft. data center and its 300 servers, including Windows, Solaris, Linux, and VMS assets.
- Supervised a 24×7 on-call service and support team.
- Authored technical documentation for turnover and training purposes, including runbooks, staff scheduling, operational instructions, and problem management.
- This position was the first point of contact for all data center power, cooling, networking, cabling, server and storage infrastructure.
- Served as the resource allocation committee chairperson, overseeing a weekly meeting of team members and partner suppliers across multiple disciplines tasked with managing power, network, transport, and space availability for global data center assets.
Information Technology System Maintainer:
July 1987 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ July 1998
- Installed, diagnosed, modified, and performed field level repairs on common hardware suite systems, intelligence processing systems, information technology systems, and related equipment.
- Provided component-level repairs of computers, printers, plotters, storage units, and associated peripheral devices.
- Requisitioned parts, completed service requests, and assisted in the installation of Information Technology Systems.
- Served as a formal school instructor (2.5 years) for the Marine CorpsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ computer and data / communications maintenance course.
- Served as data communications maintenance production manager for an entire Marine division, providing computer, radio, satellite navigation, telephone/switchboard, fax, and cryptologic repair services for a 10,000-person organization.
- Designed, manufactured, and field-tested the first solar-powered rechargeable retransmission site for the position location reporting system.
- American Intercontinental University – M.B.A.
- Kaplan University – B.S.I.T.
- Excelsior College Ã¢â‚¬â€œ A.S.
- SolutionReach Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Patient Relationship Management [Basic] (2019)
- Brainbench Job Role Certifications: Project Manager, Information Security Administrator, Manager/Supervisor, Windows System Administrator, Web Administrator (BCIP)
- HDI-SCA (2011)
- CompTIA Network + (2009)